Some time ago I built an Internet gateway (iGate) for monitoring APRS packets and sending them to APRS-IS. It never made it to the blog partly because it was built out of Direwolf, so it was mostly software configuration.
Since then, I've had trouble keeping soundcards running in the same configuration and the iGate was offline for some time.
Last summer (or the one before it, I don't remember), I bought the components to a packet station: an AEA PK-232 TNC, a Kenwood Mobile, and a broken power supply. The broken power supply is still broken, but the rest is up and running.
The setup for the PK-232 is courtesy of LA6YIA on Google Groups:
BEACON EVERY 0
The APRX setup is not groundbreaking, but it's below, too, since it may help someone...
Then, since the ultimate test is to make it work, I wrote a simple Arduino Sketch using the Argent Data APRS Arduino shield and my trusty IC-T90A...
Obviously, this only transmits once, and it is using manually-entered location, but it does the job.
And of course, I could find some repeats in the log:
So at this point there should be better coverage in the far east of Cincinnati.